Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

forget yourself and go to work

There are so many great things and blessings that have already happened to me because of my decision to serve a mission, and I have no qualms about leaving practically everything behind in order to go. I have just been thinking about some of the things I will miss while gone, even just a little.
More than anything, I will miss my family. They are the most amazing people and I love them so much! I have been so blessed to have a close extended family filled with wonderful people. (: All my siblings are going to be like… old when I get home! All the babies will be old too! (Dear Aunts and Uncles, it is fine by me if you have more babies while I am gone… hint hint).
I will also miss my friends! Some have been there at different points in my life and others have been there for everything, but I am so grateful for all of them!







I will miss my cat Rowena.  How could you not miss that face?
My coworkers- they are awesome; I was so lucky to work with these great people!
Then there are more worldly things that I will miss just a bit ;)…
I will miss my car!
I will miss my phone; not being able to call my parents whenever I want is going to be hard!
I will miss having big closets. It is not going to be fun to have only two suitcases!
My cute house in Murray will be missed, along with my roommates inside, and fantastic singles ward.
I will miss four-wheeling.
I will miss Zumba classes.
I am definitely going to miss all my mission prep, temple prep, and institute teachers.
There are lots of other things I am sure I will miss having available to me, but I just can’t really think of them right now! No matter how much I miss these things and people, I know that my friends and family will be taken care of, and I will gladly give up all the worldly things in a heartbeat to go and serve the people of Missouri and Illinois. (:

2 comments:

  1. How did you grow up so fast, and turn into this wonderfully smart, beautiful, spirit? Good thing you have so many people who love you, and support you. Your Heavenly Father knows you , and all your needs. He will take care of you as well as those you leave behind for a short time. Be happy, and enjoy this wonderful time to serve the lord! I am so grateful that I am able to be your mother, and that heavenly Father trusted me to take care of you. For a short while I will give you back to him, and let you go out into the world and serve. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had amazing parents (: Thank you so much mom, you are the best and I am definitely the lucky one!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete