Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

did you think to pray?

As of today I have one week left until I report to the MTC!!!!
This has been such a crazy time for me! I moved home to good old Helper a few weeks ago, I spoke in two different sacrament meetings, and I have been keeping myself very busy despite not having to work or go to school right now.
I am so lucky to have such an incredible family here to support me; they are amazing! My parents have been doing so much to make everything work out while I am gone, and for all the travelling and family visiting us before I leave. Also, my awesome grandma has been sewing adorable skirts for my mission. I don’t know why, but I just had the hardest time finding skirts that were long enough for me, but also were not maxi skirts.
Clothing has been one of my most challenging tasks in preparing for my mission. I don’t want to bring too much, but I feel like I still don’t have enough!
Also, I am terrible at packing. At this moment I am looking at three suitcases! One of my problems is that I have all these ideas in my head of things that I could take or use to make things easier, but those things are not available or just don’t exist! Like collapsible hangers, why aren’t those more available? Those would be fantastic!?

I have been so blessed lately. I was having a hard time feeling calm and peaceful while waiting for my mission and Satan has been working pretty hard on me too. Fortunately, I have some great people in my life who have been able to help me. I have been able to go to the temple several times. I was able to go through the temple when one of my best friends received his endowments and later that same friend was able to give me a great blessing that has helped me to feel so much peace throughout this last little while before I leave.
This weekend I went camping with my family and was able to play hard as like… a “last time I will do this for 19 months!” type of thing. I went four wheeling a bazillion times. I will miss four wheeling. We played on the zip line and hiked around a bunch. I also had my farewell talk in my homeward and a big get together with my family and friends. (: I was also able to watch Harry Potter! Man Oh Man! I will MISS Harry Potter! (Do you think I can get away with taking the Harry Potter soundtrack on my mission? It is classical-ish...)
I have been able to check several things off my bucket list, there are a few things I won’t be able to do but that just means when I come home I will have to make another list for the post-mish life.
I cannot even express how excited I am to go to the MTC. Many of my friends have said that they wish they could get right out to the mission field, but I am sooo looking forward to the MTC. I am of course excited to get out to the mission field too, but I am excited for the spirit and teachings that take place in the MTC. I want to learn everything!

I am excited to get out there and have exciting stories to share on here. It is coming so soon! Holy cow, I am so psyched! I am so happy to say that I know this church is true and I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment